- Perfect (Book) Binding
- Plastic Comb Binding
- Metal Wire Binding
- Strip / Velo Binding
- Tape Binding
- Saddle Stitich Binding
- Hardcase Binding
Star Bay has a spacious reprographics facility located in Karama in Dubai. In addition to offering photocopying, printing, scanning and other services, we also offer finishing services.
Our finishing services section offers exceptionally high quality services in:
- Perfect book binding
- Plastic comb binding
- Metal wire binding
- Strip/velo binding
- Tape binding
- Saddle stitch binding
- Hardcase binding
Binding represents the last stage in the chain. It is just as important as the design, the layout, choice of paper and lamination because the final appearance, durability and usability all depend on the quality of binding as well as the type of binding.
Finishing services are invaluable and indispensable for:
- Catalogues and brochures
- Dissertations, thesis
- Presentation Materials
- Magazines, booklets
Brief Description of the Binding Processes
- Perfect book binding is the traditional method of collating pages, arranging, cutting and stapling/gluing
- Comb and spiral binding is economical and is ideal for low volume work, using tough, durable plastic comb or spirals.
- Wire Binding gives professional look to business documents and thesis.
- Velo Binding is durable, tamper proof and uses a heat welded strip binding system. It is ideal for doctoral thesis and dissertations giving a neat, professional look at affordable prices.
- Hardcase binding involves use of metal spine clamp for a secure, professional look. No gluing or punching is necessary. We offer clear acrylic front and card back covers.
- Saddle stitch is common for small booklets, address books and small format magazines, stapled along the centre fold with wire staples. Larger sizes are stitched along the sides rather than through the centerfold.
- In tape binding a strip of tape is glued at the base or spine of the document and heated or affixed under pressure. Sheets inside may or may not be stapled, according to preference of client.
Binding Services are ideal for:
- Businesses in preparing professional booklets, catalogues and brochures
- Students for their presentation, dissertation and thesis
- Law offices, Realtors, industries, (ISO and other standard documentation binding)
Why Star Bay for finishing services?
- One, we have end to end facilities under one roof. From design to concept to layout to printing and lamination followed by binding, everything can be done in one place assuring perfection in quality and affordable cost.
- Two, we are reliable; we have the latest automated equipments and offer the widest binding choices and recommend the type that will suit you best.
- Three, we have friendly, experienced, professional staff to assure the best for you.
- Four, we are in this business since years and have developed an intuitive feel for what is best and have ways to deliver exceptionally superb results at surprisingly low costs. We serve businesses, individuals and professionals with a commitment to give extreme satisfaction in each case.
Walk into our Karama centre and see the various samples of binding we offer. We will be happy to discuss your requirements.